How To Apply
Who We Serve
Metro West Housing Solutions owns and manages family and senior communities. Our communities through Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) are mixed-income housing, generally for households that earn 30-60 percent of area median income (AMI) but some of our communities offer a further range of 20-80 percent along with market rate units. You will need to verify rents and availability at each community. Seniors and individuals are welcome to apply at our family communities, however senior communities are age restricted. Housing Choice Vouchers are welcome at any of our communities.
Our Application Process
As Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) communities, we fill our vacancies from application waitlists. Vacancies are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. We contact interested applicants based on the order in which they were registered on the waitlists. You will need to register at each property in order to complete the property application.
Metro West Housing Solutions Receives Applications Via RentCafe
- Valid Driver’s License or other photo ID
- Sources of Income
- Other documentation as needed
All applicants must meet income requirements as set by the Colorado Housing & Finance Authority.
Applicants must also meet Metro West Housing Solution’s selection criteria for criminal, rental and credit history.
How To Register On RentCafe:
- Find a community with an open waitlist that is right for you.
- Click Apply Now to go to the RentCafe portal. Select Click here to register.
- Fill out Personal Details.
- Under Account Information, make sure you press tab after entering your email address. This allows RentCafe to check to see if you have already registered.
- Wait just a few seconds to allow the system to verify if you already have an account. Please Note: If you have an existing account and you try to proceed you will see an error message and will have to start over.
What If I Forgot My Password?
- Click ‘Forgot password?’ in the login box of the RentCafe portal for your Property.
- Enter your email address under Username and submit.
- You will recieve a password reset email.
What If I Have An Existing Account?
If you are trying to make a new account and have an existing account, the system will generate a pop-up with your existing account name.
- Click ‘Use my existing account!’
- Enter your password to access your applications.
- If you don’t remember your password, click I forgot my password.
- Enter your email address under Usernameand submit.
- You will recieve a password reset email. After you reset your password, you will have to go through the
registration process again.See: How To Register On RentCafe
How long is the application wait list?
- There is no estimated time it may take for your application to be selected from the wait list. It is important to keep your application current so that we can contact you. If you are unreachable, you may be removed from the wait list. Your time on the wait list will vary depending on the program you have applied for, the size of the unit that you need, your date of application, and any preferences you may qualify for.
What happens when I come to the top of the application waitlist?
- You will be contacted at the source you provided on your application and you will have approximately 24 hours to respond. You are assigned a unit based on reported income and household details. All information is third-party verified.
What number am I on the application waitlist?
- Our waitlist does not work off of a number system and we cannot give out numbers. You will be contacted when a unit comes available that you may qualify for.
How do I find the status of my application?
- You can check the status of your application online by logging back into your RentCafe account. You can also set up status alerts to be sent to your phone and/or email.
Residents can pay their rent through a variety of methods.
- RentCafe– RentCafe is an online portal where residents can schedule rent payments. If residents use a smartphone, they can also download the RentCafe mobile app. Click here to create an online RentCafe Account. There are two payment options available through RentCafe:
- ACH– A scheduled withdrawal from a savings or checking account. The fee per transaction is $0.95. Please note that this method takes 3-5 business days to be deducted from the account.
- Debit Card– debit cards may be used to pay rent. The fee per transaction is:
- $0 – $1000: $3.95
- $1,000-$2000: $4.95
- $2,000 and above: $9.95
- Check or Money Order– rent may be paid by check or money order. Payment may be dropped off at the property or at MWHS administrative offices drop box.
- Walk-In Pay Service account (WIPS)– Available at any 7-11 or other national participating retailer. Click here for a full list of retailers. To set up a WIPS payment account, please contact the Property Manager. The fee per transaction is $3.99.